Some questions do not have answers

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Evelyn's Baking Frenzy

Right now I'm supposed to be studying frantically so that I don't fail and pass with some reasonably decent marks. The nicer the marks I get, the more I get to shop. Which means I should be motivated to study. But I'm not. Instead I've been pottering around the kitchen trying out new recipes and re-attempting my previous failed trial bakings. I even had time to teach my friend to bake a cake for his girlfriend today. Imagine that. What. Am. I. Doing?!??!



Mixed Berry Muffins - Turned out a bit bland due a surprisingly small amount of sugar in the recipe. I should have known. Sugar makes the muffins go round.



Capuccino Chocolate Chip Muffins - These muffins are by far the most successful batch of muffins I've ever made in my life. I think I'm going to make this one of my signature recipes.



Jam Drops - The last time I baked these, I shoved 32 of them onto one tray. As a result, I got a gigantic slab of biscuit with spots of jam on it. This time however, they actually turned out as Jam Drops, having reduced the number of cookies on the tray to 16. Yay!

I rarely show the process of baking mainly because I'm the only one in the kitchen and I don't have time to put down what I'm doing (flour-y, greasy hands and all) to take photos. However, since this time all I really did was stand around and instruct my friend about what to do, I have pictures of the cake assembly process.



Spreading Icing



Putting the top layer on - My friend commented that it looked like a gigantic Oreo cookie.



Completed Devil's Food Cake - Such a wicked name for a rich, chocolate-y yummy cake. Filled with fresh whipped cream and topped with chocolate icing. Not bad for my friend's first cake, no?

Number of lectures to complete = 70
Number of lectures completed = 19
Number of lectures left to complete = 51
Days to end of exam = 10

3 comment(s):

oOoooooohhh.. yummilicious looking cake! and it does look like an oversized oreo heh =D i wish i had an oven that i could bake with too ;(

By Blogger jeanchristie, at 1:41 PM  

Actually you seem to be doing ok. You only need to average 5 lectures per day for the next 10 days, assuming completing the lectures means you know them properly already.

Yesterday, you did 15 lectures. At this rate, you'll be done in 4 days!

By Blogger Tan Yee Wei, at 1:53 PM  

i come see ur blog everytime i procrastinate, it makes me hungry everytime. i literally have floating bubbles around my head with cakes n muffins, when it really shld be cirrhosis and hepatitis....~_~ kill me now...

By Blogger angela, at 1:28 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home