Some questions do not have answers

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Monsieur Truffe Chocolate Truffles

My friend was telling me that Koko Black was so yesterday and Monsieur Truffe truffles were the chocolates to eat right now. Skeptical me decided to just try it out to see what the fuss was all about.



I got 3 praline truffles, one plain, one raspberry and one passionfruit.

The verdict:

1. Praline - These truffles kind of remind me of Ferrero Rocher, so I think it's just a glorified version of it. It's yummy, but not particularly out of ordinary.

2. Plain - It was a dark chocolate plain and I swear could actually feel the chocolate molecules going straight to my brain to send me to happy land. Very very good - one of the best plain chocolate truffles I've ever eaten.

3. Raspberry - This was my favourite of out the 4. I usually don't really enjoy fruit in chocolate but I guess this is an exception to the rule. The flavour was just right - not too fruity the way many of the fruit chocolates tend to be. Delish!

4. Passionfruit - Nice but didn't leave much of an impression on me.

My only complaints is that the truffles are a little bit on the small side (definitely smaller than the ones in Koko Black) but that's good in a sense - because they're only 40 calories each.

Koko Black Hazelnut Clusters are still the best and my favourite, but I think the Raspberry Truffles have just made their way into my good books.

3 comment(s):

Ooooh.. I want..

But they look ridiculously expensive

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:56 PM  

They cost like... AUD5.50 for 6 I think...that's about Rm15.

By Blogger Evelyn, at 8:18 PM  

Cool. Where can I get my own stash?

By Blogger Tan Yee Wei, at 10:30 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home