Some questions do not have answers

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Martina Hingis' Choice

Been following the French Open obsessively and happy that Martina Hingis is in the quarter finals. She's probably my favourite tennis player, even though when she was younger she used to throw tantrums on court. However, I believe that she is truly talented and her comeback has been very successful. She's currently World No. 12 after only about 6 months since Australian Open. Impressive.

When I was about 15 my mother made a big mistake of showing me an advertisement in the newspaper about the Omega Constellation - Martina Hingis' Choice. I mean, seriously:

1. Constellation - I'm obsessed about stars.
2. Bored and Watchless

Needless to say it sparked off my campaign to get hold of that watch. It wasn't easy - this was when I was only 15. My mom thought it was insane. My dad, an avid watch collector - was wavering but suffice it to say that even my will could not induce them into getting it for me.

Mom: You're a schoolgirl not some socialite.

Until my 18th birthday when they caved and told me that one does not turn 18 every day and I deserved it.



Omega Constellation - Half gold mother-of-peral dial. Not many people like it. Generally seen as too mature for a girl this young.

Strange how I'm thinking about my 18th birthday a lot lately.

Next post: More watches.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home