Some questions do not have answers

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis, also known as the Nothern Lights is a luminous phenomenon in the night sky consisting of overlapping curtains of greenish-white light, sometimes fringed with pink, appearing in the ionosphere of high latitudes. It is caused by the emission of light by atoms and molecules that are excited by beams of electrons generated by a complex interaction between the solar wind and the Earth’s atmosphere.

To see it in real life is one of my missions in life. I used to say that when I grow up, I would go to Alaska and see aurora. Now I'm grown up - am I? - and I still haven't gone. Since a visit to Alaska is one of the most expensive trips, perhaps it won't be soon. Also, apparently a lot of it is based on luck - it's not everyday that you see aurora.



Fiery Red


Greenish




Multi-colored



Bluish

Okay. Back to Radiology.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home