Some questions do not have answers

Saturday, June 03, 2006

How To Be My Eighth World Wonder

Was happily still on my chocolate buzz when I saw that Chloe had tagged me to talk about the 8 things that encompasses my dream guy. The non-existent mortal made for me.

*deep breath* Okay, here goes. I generally do not like to talk about this, but since I'm tagged, I'll do it.

1. Musically Inclined - By that I mean he should at least be able to sing in tune. Of course, if he can play several musical instruments and performed in Carnegie Hall when he was 12 I am not complaining.

2. Tactful - I cannot tolerate a person who does not have the ability to say something in a gentler, more positive tone. In my personal opinion, if I were to choose between a guy who said "Yeah, maybe that post you wrote was a little bit boring" and a critical idiot who says "That's one of the lousiest posts you've ever written", I'd definitely choose the former.

3. Willing To Take Out The Trash - Definitely the most detestable chore for me.

4. Can Drive - I don't care if he has a car or not but he should at least have a driving license. I really don't think this is a very big demand. I could drive when I was 17 for goodness' sake. Can I imagine driving my boyfriend around? No. Point made.

5. Motivator - If I go out with a guy who consistently wants to make me rebel and do the exact opposite of what he wants me to do i.e. "You should stop shopping" and I go and shop immediately after that statement just out of sheer rebellion, I think that's just not going to work.

6. Someone I Can Talk To - I once went on this horrendous date with a guy who could not hold a decent conversation. It was basically me asking questions and getting monosyllabic answers. Worst lunch I ever had. I need somebody who can at least talk about something... anything.

7. Fulfills Promises - Nothing pisses me off more than expectations that are not met. If you tell me you're going to be there at 8pm, I expect you to be there, not still napping at home. Especially if you were the one who asked me out in the first place.

8. Loves Me For Me - A guy who can accept Evelyn as she is - bags, shoes, dog and chocolates. Someone who understands that in my twisted mind, spending a few thousand dollars on a bag is perfectly reasonable. Someone who does not ridicule my dreams but at least tries to support them. Someone who knows my faults and makes me want to be a better person. I guess this kind of overwrites everything else. Such a person is worth waiting for.

There we go - 8 things. I noticed it sort of became a rant session somewhere along the way. Couldn't help it. So much easier to think of what I don't want from past experiences than thinking of what I want.

Tag Victims = Mayne, Jason, Jo, Ruth, Angela, Lisa, Shaun and Ruth. Suddenly realize I don't know that many people who blog.

1 comment(s):

Erm...I'll keep a lookout, haha.

By Blogger @NdY, at 6:50 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home