Some questions do not have answers

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Evelyn Bakes Chocolate Stuff

Woke up at about 11 today and concluded that I didn't want to do any work during the afternoon because I didn't have the mood. To fill in time, I ate lunch, went back to sleep and woke up with nothing better to do. Incidentally, I have developed this technique of sleeping without actually sleeping. Like, even if I've slept 10 hours the night before I can still just sleep for the sake of it to pass time.

Anyway, woke up and decided to bake a couple of things. Since ingredients in my house was rather limited I settled for an After Eight Chocolate Cake (recipe given to me by my aunt. It's one of my favourite chocolate cakes in the world) and double chocolate muffins.













Double Chocolate Muffins - Chocolate muffins with chocolate chips, essentially. Very happy how it turned out. I detest it when the muffin doesn't rise and form a big bulbous crust and just kind of looks a bit dome-shaped without overflowing. The theory of course is to just overfill the cups. Yay!




















After 8 Chocolate Cake - It's basically a very rich chocolate cake topped with peppermint icing and chocolate sprinkles. Have yet to sink my teeth into this.

All in all, quite a productive day in the kitchen, and not so productive day in relation to my studies. Must persevere!

1 plate fried noodles = 700 calories
1 plate creamy chicken & mushroom pasta = 700 calories
1 slice bread = 150 calories
2 mandarin oranges = 120 calories
Total = 1670 calories

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home