Some questions do not have answers

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Magic Mushrooms

My favourite ingredient at the current moment is mushrooms. I suddenly developed a love for it - not that I hated it before, I just like it more now. I was searching for more mushroom recipes and I found out that

  • 1 cup of mushrooms contains 20 calories.
  • Mushrooms contain anti-carcinogens and have anti-aging benefits
  • Mushrooms contain tons of vitamins and minerals which I can't be bothered to list here
  • Mushrooms promote a healthy immune system, lowers blood pressure and promotes weight lost.

    Therefore, I'm concluding that I should eat more mushrooms.


    Shitake Mushrooms - I grew up eating these with steamed fish. Well, when I was young enough and still liked seafood anyway.


    Straw Mushrooms - Yummy in stir-fried vegetables.


    Porcini Mushrooms - Used a lot in Italian cooking, especially risotto.


    Button Mushrooms - What I usually eat now.


    Enoki Mushrooms - The only time I actually eat these is when I eat steam boat, where I usually starve for the night because the only things I can eat are meatballs, mushrooms and egg.

    Quick and easy mushroom recipes can be found here

  • 3 comment(s):

    magic mushroom actually has a different meaning, not those you mentioned above ;)

    By Blogger Vad3r, at 2:09 PM  

    Haha, yeah I know... wanted the title to be not as bland as 'The Properties of Mushrooms' or the like.

    By Blogger Evelyn, at 2:55 PM  

    I went to the mushroom factory/plantation or something the other day.
    seeing mushrooms grow is rather disgusting, really.

    By Blogger gwen., at 6:32 PM  

    Post a comment

    << Home