Some questions do not have answers

Friday, May 26, 2006

Obsessive Calorie Counting

So, I ate a footlong sub yesterday and did my homework - partially. Apparently it's 370 calories per 6 inch - which I naively believed. However, after I chowed down the whole foot of it (the human stomach is amazing), I concluded that I can't possibly have eaten only 740 calories. It felt more than that. Yes, I can actually guess how many calories I've eaten just by how I feel. So I went to research it properly.

I found out that a 370 calorie 6-inch chicken teriyaki subway...

1. Is made with white bread. I chose honey oat bread - therefore making it 60 calories more fattening.
2. Has no cheese. I had 4 slices of cheese - additional 100 calories there.
3. Has no sauce. Seriously, they want me to eat a subway with vegetables, dried chicken and no sauce and no cheese?! Sauce set me back another 40 calories.

Which means that my footlong sub comes up to a shocking grand total of 1140 calories. with 1140 calories, I can go to KFC, pig out on 6 wicked wings, 2 regular chips and still have 140 calories to spare.

I feel so cheated.

1 regular fries from KFC = 250 calories
3 KFC Wicked Wings = 250 calories
1 slice bread with butter = 150 calories
1 slice bread with jam = 150 calories
4 mandarin oranges = 240 calories
1 plate pasta carbonara = 700 calories
Total = 1740 calories (at least I'm satisfied)

1 comment(s):

It's not the calorie, it's what you eat. ;p

By Blogger Dentist Down Under, at 7:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home