Some questions do not have answers

Friday, May 19, 2006

Evelyn Bakes A Birthday Cake

When my friend invited me to his 21st birthday, my first thought was that I wanted to make the cake. I'm addicted to decorating - so this presented a good opportunity for me to practice my baking skills. When he told me that there would be around 40 people there, I concluded that I would make a tiered cake - specifically, 3 tiers.




This is definitely the most elaborate cake I have ever made to date and I cannot deny that I am proud of it. Could have been nicer but for a first attempt, I think I'm satisfied. The cake is half pound cake and half chocolate cake, filled with white and dark chocolate ganache and covered with sugar paste, decorated with royal icing and lastly, topped with truffles.

Feeling very happy.

12 truffles = 600 calories
1 slice bread and butter = 200 calories
1 packet instant pasta = 450 calories
Total = 1250 calories (not bad)

1 comment(s):

looks very much like a wedding cake =D

By Blogger j o e l, at 10:53 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home