Some questions do not have answers

Monday, May 22, 2006

Why Raising Funds Is A Nightmare

I was given half a box of chocolate (24 pieces) to sell to raise funds for the Dental Faculty for one of the functions. I thought it wouldn't be too difficult - worse come to the worse I'll just buy them myself right? However, I've concluded that raising funds is a thankless task - so thankless that I hope I don't have to do it again, and I have newfound respect for all those people who collect money in the streets for Breast Cancer and AIDS and etc.

Not that I even had to do much. I managed to get rid of the bulk of it by just persuading my housemates and people that I know well to buy some off me. After that it was just uphill work. I think it has to do with my personality. I do not like asking for favours, and this experience almost left me feeling as if I was begging, like it was a personal favour and I needed their help.

Acquaintance: Give me one good reason why I should buy chocolate from you.
Me: Yeah, exactly. Why the hell am I even asking you? *in head* Because I'm raising funds.
Acquaintance: You're a dentist yeah? Why are you selling chocolates? Trying to get more business in the future?

Decided to just buy the rest from myself. I don't need to humiliate myself further.

1 bag potato chips = 1250 calories (not joking)
1 plate instant pasta = 600 calories
1 plate penne matriciana = 500 calories
Total = 2350 calories (I promise I'm going on a veg and fruit diet tomorrow. I think.)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home