Some questions do not have answers

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Amazing Grand Pianos

Ever since I moved to Australia I never had the chance to play as much piano as I would like to have, thanks to the fact that I don't have one in my apartment. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to buy a piano when I move every year or so. Also, my parents said that when I finally settle down and everything they would send the piano I have at home now here instead of leaving it to rot pianistless at home.

You know what I always wanted to do? I always wanted to take off the lid of my piano at home and put in a glass lid instead, so that when I play the piano I can see the mechanism moving. Can you imagine a glass lid raised? I think it would look lovely. My music teacher actually told me that it was possible but my parents told me to focus on practicing instead of cultivating nonsensical ideas. Anyway, my idea is not nonsensical. I actually found such a piano online! And many others as well.

1. Steinway & Sons Black Ebony. Starting with the standard dream of every pianist. *sigh* I visited one last year and the price tag was a whopping AUD150 000. I don't want to know what the special ones cost.



2. Schimmel Transparent Grand Piano. Not only the lid is transparent, the whole entire piano is. Not sure if I like it this way....it's probably more tasteful with just a glass lid rather than the whole piano. Definitely no ordinary piano though.



3. Steinway & Sons Marbleized. Not much to say except it's er... marbleized.



4. Steinway & Sons Louis XV. This just makes me think of scenes in Jane Austen novels where the ladies sit in the drawing room and entertain themselves playing the piano and sit around eating tea. A plain white grand piano has always been one of my pet favourites though.



5. Steinway & Sons Summertime. This is amazing, I don't know how would you match it in your house, but I insist it is amazing. It looks almost like a toy piano. Serious work of art.



Only 2 weeks to my exams and this is what I'm doing - looking at pianos on the web! Just my way of destressing.

1 slice of bread with chicken = 200 calories
1 foot long Subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki = 800 calories
2 mandarin oranges = 120 calories
Total = 1120 (perhaps Subway is the key)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home