Some questions do not have answers

Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Perfect Pair Of Jeans

Due to the fact that my previous pair of jeans decided to go into early retirement, I spent my afternoon shopping for the perfect pair of jeans. It's proved harder than I had anticipated. However, instead of coming home with just one pair of jeans, I managed to bring home along with it two tops, a thumb drive, a pendant I could not resist, a hairdryer extension that's supposed to help me when it comes to blowdrying my curls, photos and ShoEs.

Looking for the perfect pair of jeans is almost as hard as finding Mr Right. First you have to decide what cut you want - Bootleg? Straight? Flare? Skinny leg? Then the next question is the rise - the grandmother kind that goes up to the waist? Low rise? Super low rise? Super super low rise? What sort of fly do you want? Zip or button? What sort of wash are you after? A light wash, dark wash, streaked, double dyed etc. The possibilities are endless.

I avoid skinny leg jeans like one avoids plague. After much indecision on what wash I wanted, I finally chose a very dark blue - a new shade in my collection of jeans. Then there's the dilemma of what size is the best.

Here's the thing - jeans' sizes are very deceptive - at least to me. You could try on a 26 inch pair and think it's fine and then 2 weeks later that it's too loose because it stretched. Therefore you curse yourself for spending so much for something that doesn't fit 'exactly right'. However, if you stuff yourself into a 25 there's this possibility that it would NOT stretch - therefore leaving you to suffocate and die for the two or so years that you would be wearing it. The rise of the jeans further contributes to the confusion. However, after much grief, (on my part and especially on the salesgirls' part) I've finally managed to get the perfect pair.

Just looked at all the jeans that I have. I'm a happy girl :D

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home