Some questions do not have answers

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

10 Things I Hate About You

One of my favourite movies of all time when I was young was "10 Things I Hate About You". I loved it so much I've probably watched it at least 30-40 times. My favourite part is when the Patrick surprises Katrina with a song in their school stadium and she forgives him for all his mistakes he had done. After a few minutes of happiness, the heartbreak comes...

"I hate the way you talk to me
And the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car.
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots
And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick
It even makes me rhyme.

I hate the way you're always right.
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh
Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it that you're not around
And the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you
Not even close, not even a little bit, not any at all."

It's not that she hated him. It's because she cared for him. That's why everything he did hurt her so much that she rather convert her hurt into supposed hate. I guess the feeling is more...anger. She was angry because of the fact that she could let herself care for someone who in the end broke her heart. Angry because she let herself trust him. Angry that she fell in love.

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." ~M. Kathleen Casey

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home