Some questions do not have answers

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Tennis

Everytime I come back to Malaysia, I try to play tennis with my dad on most mornings. When I was fanatical about it, it used to be every single day except Sunday. There was even an occasion where I played tennis in the morning with my dad and proceeded to play again in the evening with my friends.

The hardest thing about playing tennis is waking up. Lately my biological clock has somehow set itself in such a way that I only fall asleep at 3am. When I go to play tennis, I have to wake up at 6.30am to get to the court by 7 so that I can play a good hour before my dad has to come back to get ready for work.

The truth is, it's exhausting. Every time I come back from tennis I'll slump in the kitchen, eating like no tomorrow because I am so tired and hungry. Then I go get a shower and promptly fall asleep - only to wake up during lunch time to eat again. I'm actually wondering if playing tennis is helping me lose or gain weight...

1. Lying in Bed - Sleep until lunch time and still not feel hungry because I did nothing to get hungry. Therefore I eat very little.I then do something during the afternoon, eat dinner and go upstairs where I MSN or watch TV. Then I sleep. Again.

2. Playing tennis - I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and even supper - and complain of hunger after that. On top of that, I would be exhausted for the rest of the day.

Of course, the latter is better in terms of health. But in terms of weight loss - I don't know. I have an ongoing bet with my friend to see who loses more weight before the end of this month. Can't afford to screw up now.

However, I always thought losing weight was the easy part. Keeping it down is the nightmare.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home