Some questions do not have answers

Monday, January 16, 2006

In Moments Like This...

All I did was intend to take a 3 minute shower before bedtime.

I got out about 25 minutes later, my nerves shot. I hate lizards. Underline, italic, bold, highlight that statement.

What happened was I got into the shower without noticing anything out of ordinary. Then halfway through I saw a lizard on the outer surface of the glass. I started panicking but concluded that as long as it stays where I could see it, I should be able to open the door and escape before it even comes close to me.

Wrong.

That stupid lizard decided to move. To the Hinge. Of. The. Door.

So I couldn't open the door. I couldn't bear to crush it to death, but at the same time, opening the door slowly would give it an opportunity to move, jump onto me, snap off it's tail... the possibilities were endless. I just couldn't do it.

So I did the only thing a girl could do in such a situation.

I grabbed my towel and asked my brother to come and open the freaking damn door and let me out.

He refused!!!! *sniffles* He said there was no lizard and that I was hallucinating (it's at the hinge, how was he supposed to see it, idiot!) So there I was, having a psychological battle. Conversation with myself went something like this:

Just. O. Pen. The. Damn. Door. And. Get. Out. It's. Just. A. Lizard. Big. Deal.

Except I couldn't.

In the end after 20 minutes I finally did it. And screamed at my brother for not helping me out of that. Maybe he thought that he was doing me a favour by letting me deal with it by myself, but the psychological torture I had to go through was too much. I am still scared of lizards. It has not changed a thing. All he had to do was to open the door.

I am tired of having to deal with everything myself.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home