Some questions do not have answers

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I Will Not Repeat My Mistakes Again

It seems that nowadays it's hard to be taken seriously anymore.

I went out with my mom to do some New Year shopping and was waiting for my mother in the car while she went to get some groceries. After a while, the owner of the car that was parked in front of us came to get out of the parking lot. With her mother, kids...whatever. She reversed. And bumped into my car.

I got out of the car, wondering if the damage was serious - expecting the driver to get out of the car too, because she obviously knew what she had done. She didn't. Instead, she continued to maneuver her car to get out of the lot. While I stood there, her mother - I presume (it was a fat old auntie with no sense of decency, same as her daughter!) turned. And waved to me. Then they sped off.

&*(#@(^&^$#*(**&#@#)!*@

In times like this, I get angry. At myself. For letting people assume that I am somebody insignificant, somebody that can just be treated like a doormat. And even though my mom came back and said that there was no damage done to my car, that is not the point. I feel as if I was just this insignificant fly on the wall that could just be flicked away. No big deal - this girl isn't going to do anything. She's too dumb for that.

Just thinking of it sets me off into a rage. Memories of past experiences where I was treated with less respect than I expected came surging... the time when someone tried to snatch my handbag. The many times that I got ditched by my friends after they got significant others. The time my counsellor teacher told me that I would never be able to survive living overseas alone because I was just another precious pup. And many others which are too painful to even type.

So now, I am making a promise to myself. The next time I get less than what I deserve, I will not take it lying down ever again. I will fight for what I want. I am worth more than that - no matter what I look like. I am no worthless bimbo with no brains, even if some people may beg to differ.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home