Some questions do not have answers

Friday, January 27, 2006

All My Bags Are Not Packed, But I'm Ready To Go

My friend asked me if I ever cry at the airport when I have to go back to Melbourne. I say no. She is surprised. "I thought you were really close to your parents. Don't you feel sad when you have to leave?"

The truth is, I do feel sad. I enjoy my stay back in Malaysia very much whenever I come back but towards the last week of my visit, my parents turn from Mr Jekyll into Mr Hyde overnight. Suddenly everything I do is wrong - why do you go out so much, why are you so messy, you're irresponsible etc etc. I know that it's because deep down, they feel sad because I'm leaving and therefore express it that way. However, it's hard to accept such naggings that you feel has no actual reason.

It's a real pain. Most of the time during the drive to the airport we'll be fighting in the car. Therefore when it's time to say goodbye, it's a short snappy 'Goodbye", a dutiful hug and then I go down the escalator (those who fly from KLIA will know which escalator I'm talking about). I feel bad about it sometimes, parting in anger. However, when I reach Melbourne the anger evaporates and I call them and everything returns to normal.

This year it is no different. Am I a bad person?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home