Some questions do not have answers

Friday, January 27, 2006

Pacman Mania

I downloaded Pacman into my computer a few days ago as a Widget on my Mac. Due to the fact that I have been rotting away in Malaysia, me and my brother have been challenging each other to see who would win. For those who don't have a clue what Pacman is, where have you been all these years? here's a screenshot of it. The objective of the game is to munch up all the pills and avoid getting munched by the wiggly creatures who roam the board.



I get excited very easily. Which means that me playing Pacman is often interjected with shrieks of 'Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!' and ' Those idiots cornered me! Not fair!!!!! ' while my brother tells me that I'm just being overly dramatic. That's probably because my high score is higher than his .

Anyway, I just found out that those silly jellyfish like monsters ( I only found out today that they're supposed to be ghosts) actually have names. I used to think that they were just called 'the red one, the yellow one, the pink one and the orange one'. Well, apparently not. Here's the lowdown:

  • Red: Known as either Shadow or Inkey
  • Blue: Apparently it usually tends to head toward the opposite end of whatever tunnel Pacman is going through. Known as Bashful or Blinky.
  • Pink: Appropriately named Pinkey.
  • Orange: Known as Pokey or Clyde. Supposed to be the dumbest out of the four that terrorize the maze.

I have to confess that I'm not a very proficient player. After a few days of incessant playing the furthest that I have managed to get to is Level 8. Still trying to get to Level 10 but to no avail.

I guess that just means more hours in front of the computer screen.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home