Some questions do not have answers

Monday, January 23, 2006

Possible New Found Talent

All my life when Chinese New Year draws near my mom would buy all the ingredients needed for baking new year cookies and drag me to my grandmother's house to bake with my aunts. However, during the past year my grandfather passed away - therefore new year celebrations are now to be held just with my immediate family. Which is why yesterday my mom baked cookies not in my grandma's house as usual, but my own.

That was when I was seized with the desire to bake a cake. And proceeded to do so. This was the first time I actually made a cake from scratch without any help from anybody...previously my mom would be breathing down my neck or I'd choose to be lazy and just buy a pre-mixed pack. I made an orange butter cake... which turned out better than I expected. True, I grated off a piece of my skin while grating the orange zest, but what's the matter? Therefore I'm getting more ambitious and am intending to bake more cakes soon.

Hm...Evelyn the Baker. That sounds so wrong.



Before it got stuck into the oven



After: Don't tell me it looks ugly! It tastes delicious....even if I do say so myself.

1 comment(s):

Ugh, you grated off a piece of skin? Oh well, extra flavour for the cake huh? :P

By Blogger Olive Poppy, at 2:43 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home