Some questions do not have answers

Monday, November 21, 2005

Post Exam Shopping

After my exams ended I decided that it was time to go for a well deserved, long awaited and anticipated shopping trip. I had been saving up for a few weeks for this occasion. Alright, I lied. I didn't save up at all, but who cares? Money spent after exams isn't counted into the budget right? It's just a reward to self after a long and hard semester.

Amazingly, for the first time ever in my career as a shopper, I came back with nothing. Zip. Zero. As my friend said,' Yeah, I just realised you're not carrying any bags. Well, no additional bags anyway *snigger*'. I don't understand. When I shouldn't be shopping, I come back with lots of stuff that I need (yes, need. They're not wants, they're needs!) and now that I actually deserve to shop I come back with nothing.

It is not entirely true that there was nothing to buy. There were tons of things that I would dearly like to have. Unfortunately, there's always the word 'but'. For some unknown reason I was lusting over the things that were impossible. So all I could do was window shop the whole day. And fantasize about my future purchases.

Maybe, just maybe, I am recovering from shopaholicism. Only time will tell.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home