Some questions do not have answers

Monday, November 07, 2005

Security Blankets


Don't you just love Linus and his security blanket? I think most of us had a security blanket or somekind when we were young. Well, for me it wasn't a blanket, but rather a pillow. Which I still have up to this day, even at the green old age of 20. Which my parents dub as the 'Stinky Pillow'. Which travels with me each time I go back and forth from Malaysia to Melbourne. It's the one and only item that has been with me my whole life and in a sense, has been a comfort all the while. Sound silly, but it's true.

I know I know... I'm so old I should give it up. The thing is, I haven't really been needing it much for the past year or so. It seems as if I've sort of grown out of it. True, it's still with me when I go to sleep at night but I don't NEED it to fall asleep. Maybe it's a sign that I've grown older and wiser. Or perhaps just something that I don't need anymore because I have come to realise that the pillow, contrary to what I've always believed, cannot solve anything or help me in any way.

Wishing I was a kid again with my precious stinky pillow to make everything all good again.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home