Some questions do not have answers

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

How Easygoing Are You Supposed To Be?

I went out with my friend recently and we decided to grab some lunch while we were shopping together. The menus arrived and we had a look. Since both of us were not hungry, we decided to share something.

Friend: Hm, don't think I'll be able to finish it all.
Me: If you want we can share it.
Friend: You sure? Are you happy with rissotto?
Me: Yeah, sure. Pick anything, I'm fine.

I obviously lied. I am fine with almost everything on the menu. In fact, everything on the menu was edible. Except a particular risotto....

Friend: Alright then, let's get the seafood rissotto. Sounds yummy
Me: *forced smile* Yeah, that's alright. No problem!

For people who don't get it, I don't particularly like seafood. Apparently when I was young I ate fish porridge everyday and that put me off seafood during my older childhood and adolescent years up to now. In fact, I hate it. The only exceptions include fish and chips which I drown in lemon juice before going near it or seaweed. Wait - seaweed's not seafood. Whatever.

Unfortunately, I said that everything was fine and I knew the person wanted to eat seafood rissotto and I felt bad saying no since I already sort of agreed to share it. I know it's silly, but this wasn't just an ordinary friend. This was someone....let's just say that this was somebody I didn't particularly want to disagree with. The point is, I said okay and when the food came, I set off to divide it, taking care to avoid the larger pieces of seafood. Unfortunately...

Friend: Take more of the prawns and mussels, I'm perfectly fine. Don't worry about me. *piled my plate up*

I had to go through 3 prawns and 2 huge mussels. It's a wonder I'm still alive to tell the tale instead of vomitting right now. Hopefully next time I have more backbone.

I. Hate. Seafood.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home