Some questions do not have answers

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My Worldly Possessions

Lately I decided to clean up my room on a whim. Alright I'm lying - I decided to clean up because

1. My mom was nagging me.
2. According to Feng Shui it's good to have a neat room and to remove all old and negative stuff
3. I was bored.
4. I wanted to have a look at what I had.

Anyway, I started opening up drawers and cupboards that I haven't touched in ages and these were the things I found:

1. Jigsaw Puzzle Boxes. When I was young there was a point in time where I made a jigsaw puzzle every two months or so. No, I am not joking. And I'm not talking about 24 piece jigsaw puzzles either. Most of them are standard 1000 piece ones with a rare exception of a couple of 500 or 2000 piece ones. They're now all hanging in my bedroom. I made so many that I eventually ran out of place to hang them and my mom told me that enough was enough. :(

2. Books. Lots of books. One of my favourite authors when I was young used to be L.M. Montgomery. For those who are wondering who she is, she was the author of 'Anne of Green Gables'. And if you don't know what that book is, you should read it! I liked her books so much that I purchased almost all of her books, about 30 in total. I still have not managed to find 2-3 more. But I will, eventually. Other books include teenage romance paperbacks, various classics and tons of Enid Blyton books. I miss the days where I used to come back from school, peel two oranges and lie in bed reading.

3. Stationery. Specifically letterpads. I used to buy tons of them when I was writing letters to penpals when I was younger. Out of the many that I had (at one point I was receiving 3-4 letters a day), only two remain at this point. Still, it used to be fun. I love the feeling of receiving a letter, especially hand-written ones.

4. DVDs and CDs. Stacks of them. Wonder why I bothered. I bought a DVD recently and it's still sitting in my room somewhere collecting dust. I guess I'm just not that into it anymore.

5. Candles. From my aromatherapy phase in life. Enough said.

6. Thread. In a few hundred colours. Purchased for my cross stitch projects that I used to make when I was younger, less blind and more patient. I still do it sometimes though.

7. Rubber stamps. I used to collect these and randomly stamp everything in sight. I'm amazed my mom didn't kill me.

8. Stickers and stamps. Also from my collecting days.

9. Snowglobes, Hourglasses and other Collectibles. Every time I got to a new city, I had to get something or other from there as a souvenir. No wait, make that every new STORE I went to that sold this sort of thing.

10. Bookmarks. Lots of them. From my bookmark phase.

Conclusion: I love collecting things and my parents are strangely indulgent.

1 comment(s):

jason here.

lmao.

u can get spam also ah. haha

By Blogger Jason, at 1:23 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home