Some questions do not have answers

Thursday, November 03, 2005

10 Things I Miss About Malaysia

Now that I'm about three and a half weeks away from going home, I've started thinking more about home. Which is why I've decided to come up with a list of things that I have been missing all year. Wait a minute - it's only been three and a half months since I've been back. *sigh*

1. My family. My parents have been the best parents a girl could ever ask for I think. They've been super supportive and have always been ready to listen to my complaints and whining over the years. And my brother is always up for midnight suppers. One of my fondest memories when I was young was my brother waking me up at 3am in the morning. 'Hey, let's go cook pancakes!! Common' wake up let's go!!'. Except now we go buy Ramly Burgers instead of cooking - getting lazier the older we get.

2. My dogs. Those two fluffy dogs are getting old. I think they're in their twilight years now :(. However, they still remember me even though I'm only back home 3 months a year now. Whoever said that the love from a dog is perfect is probably right. Except that my dogs enjoy running away from home for a romp in the streets once in a while.

3. My friends. December is the time everybody comes back from wherever they're studying and we get together to exchange notes on what has been going on in our lives (as if that's not already happening everyday on MSN). But it's different hanging out with each other, eating/slacking/watching movies/whatever we come up with. I guess now that some of my friends are actually going to graduate soon I feel that I should treasure these moments more.

4. My room. I love my room back home in Malaysia. Lots of drawers and table surface to keep my stuff. Somehow each time when I go home and enter my room, I feel like my 17 year old self again, before I even knew Melbourne and the existence of Koko Black chocolate.

5. Tennis. Specifically tennis with my dad in the morning. I don't get to see him much when I go back so I really treasure these sessions. He has to give up his golf sessions in the morning for me though. Waking up at 6.30am in the morning when the rest of the sane world is still sleeping and going for a good 1.5 hour hit in the morning is one of my favourite things about going back home. Makes me feel that I'm doing something worthwhile with my time instead of lying in bed sleeping. I am omitting the fact that I go back to sleep after I get back from tennis though...haha.

6. My car. Alright, technically not MY car per se, but the car I drive back home. Many times in Melbourne have I wished I had a car so that I don't have to drag heavy groceries back from Safeway, eat wherever I want and basically all the tens of thousands of other conveniences that I won't list here. Can't wait to give up Bus 11 for 3 months....hehe

6. The Food!!! Sigh, been having pangs of longing for rojak. Dying for it actually. And nasi lemak. And nasi bryani. And ais kacang. And laksa. And lontong. And satay. Okay, the list is unending. You get the point.

7. Pirated DVDS and cheap movie tickets. Can't wait to buy everything that I've missed this year and watch it at home. Or just watch it in Summit for freaking 4 ringgit per movie. I feel so ripped off in Melbourne.

8. The shopping. Especially shoes. Can't wait to go home and add more shoes into my collection. Just thinking about it is sending me into a retail induced state of mental happiness. :D

9. Books. Planning to re-read the entire literary works of L.M. Montgomery over again. Ohh, and Jane Austen.

10. The routine. I love my routine back in Malaysia when I go home. Wake up, play tennis. Come back, shower and eat breakfast. Take a nice nap until lunch time. Waste the afternoon by reading/going out/shopping. Eat dinner. Go out with friends at night. That is the life.

Hm...makes me wonder why I want to stay in Melbourne after I graduate. Next list - 10 Things I Love About Melbourne.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home