Some questions do not have answers

Saturday, October 29, 2005

To buy or not to buy

For a few days I've been thinking about whether I should buy an item that I've been thinking about for the past few weeks. I like it a lot but over and over the same questions have been coming back. Is it worth the money? Is it justified to spend so much on something like that when I am not earning my own money? Is it something that I would really like and continue to love after I get it, or is it just going to be forgotten in a month's time and seen as just another thing in my collection? And biggest question of all - do I deserve it?

In terms of whether it's worth the money, I know it isn't. After all, it's all about the design and the brand that's all. And maybe a little bit of quality. Is it justified to spend so much? Again, it isn't. I am not earning my own money and therefore shouldn't be squandering my parents' money on something unnecessary and is obviously a want, not a need. I think it is something that I would continue to love and cherish after I get it though. I've liked it since I was 17 and that was 3 years ago. That should mean something, shouldn't it?

Do I deserve it? In many ways I have to say that I do not. I have not been the model student of the year. Much of my time has been spend wasting time just relaxing and enjoying life instead of really putting in the hours to do well for my exams. As a result, my exam results for my previous semester was mediocre, not great, but not awful either.

But the bottom line is, I want it. Does that overwrite everything else?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home