Some questions do not have answers

Friday, October 21, 2005

Steak on Floor

I had a very interesting conversation today with my friends. They were discussing whether we would eat something that accidentally fell on the floor, such as a piece of raw steak that somehow didn't make it to the pan. All of us said yes. Looks like hygiene doesn't mean much to any of us. Our logic is that our immune system can definitely handle it anyway and that a bored immune system is bad for you. Bored immune systems lead to allergies.

Then this question was raised. What if you were cooking dinner for a friend and you dropped one piece of steak on the floor? Would you serve the piece of steak that fell onto the floor to your friend or would you give it to yourself? After all, if it's really not a big deal, it doesn't matter right? However, all of us were hesitant. Even I couldn't decide what I would do.

After thinking about it, I think I would do what my friend suggested we could do. I'd drop the other piece of steak on the floor too. Then they'll both be equally tainted and if they're contaminated, me and my friend would both face the same consequences.

Maybe not the greatest idea, but probably the fairest.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home