Some questions do not have answers

Monday, February 27, 2006

The Trials Of Evelyn

Just a random list of things that has been happening lately in my life:

1. I was walking home from uni on Friday juggling my file of notes on one hand and a belated birthday present on the other. I dropped my file and 30 sheets of my notes flew as far as half a block down from where I was standing. I thought this only happened in movies! Anyway, while I was trying to retrieve the few that were still within reach, someone who happened to be on the opposite side of the street jogged over and helped me get the remaining sheets of paper. After thanking him and going on my way, I then dropped my file. Again.

2. I flicked on the lights of my apartment and somehow managed to cause the entire apartment to black out. After fiddling around with the switch box, everything else managed to be up and running except the lights. Spent the entire night using table lamps and candles.

3. I chucked my clothes into the washing machine. One hour later, the spin cycle still refused to work. So there I was stranded with a whole washing machine full of clothes swimming in water. Had to knock on my neighbour's door to ask if I could spin dry my clothes there. Once again, I thanked my neighbour profusely.

4. I baked 3 cakes over the weekend! I managed to make a chocolate ripple cake, a chocolate chip cake and a marble cake without burning the house down. *sigh* I love baking. Intending to bake again tonight.

5. I finally have a bed. And a calendar with beagles on it. And another box of Koko Black chocolate! As long as my chocolate supply always replenishes itself magically (alright, it's not magical. I have nice friends), I guess I can deal with whatever comes my way. I think.

Lessons I Have Learnt This Week

1. Never drop your file.
2. Always bake your cake on the higher rack of the oven.
3. The art of thanking people and asking for help is essential in life.
4. When you think nothing worse can happen - it happens.
5. I'm walking away.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home