Some questions do not have answers

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Homeless

It all started out just fine. I woke up and went to uni in the morning. So far, so good. That was until I went home for lunch with a friend who wanted to see what an apartment that was half unpacked looked like. I showed her around my place, put on my shoes and got out of the house when it was time to go back to uni for my afternoon lesson. Leaving. My. Keys. At. Home.

Considering that I am currently the only person that is living in my house, that basically meant that there was only one set of keys in Melbourne that could open my door. I was lost. To make matters worse, my phone battery had gone flat. I was stranded out of my house on a Friday night with no phone and no key.

For the second time in less than 24 hours, I had to go to a random stranger to ask for help. In this case, it was an innocent person in Borders who was enjoying a quiet read. I walked up and beseeched him to lend me his mobile phone so that I could contact my cousin, who hopefully would and could come up with a super duper solution to my problem.

Thankfully, she told me that I could put up at her place for two nights until my housemate came back and I could open my apartment door.

Half of me is angry at myself for being so careless when at least 3 people told me that the wise thing to do was to make a duplicate and leave it with someone so that if I make such an idiotic mistake as to lock myself out of my own apartment somebody would have a duplicate. The other half of me is wondering if this is karmic retribution for some of the things that I have done this week that I have not been proud of.

I'm finally home today. Feeling so drained.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home