Some questions do not have answers

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Renewed Friendships

When you leave the country and are hardly ever around, what happens is that you begin to lose touch with everything and eventually you end up hanging around with only a few close friends that have stuck with you for the past few years. I am ashamed to admit that I am lousy at recognizing faces that I have not seen for a long time - or even remembering certain characters.

I met up with my friend today that I have not met for a very long time because of various circumstances - mainly because he refuses to come back to my hometown when I'm around and also because of our general business. It was great to meet up again - I have not had a proper conversation with him for so long that I didn't even recognise his accent. This is the person who knows how to be brutally honest with me. The person that tells me point blank what's the problem...with no sugar coating or chocolates.

It's good to have a few wake up calls once in a while.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home