Some questions do not have answers

Saturday, December 03, 2005

It's In My Blood

I went out for dinner with my grandfather and my extended relatives in a chinese restaurant and was reminded what was it like to be in a chinese restaurant in Batu Pahat. For one, there's always the inevitable karaoke session going on. And the familiar "Happy Birthday" recording that they play for patrons who are celebrating their birthdays. And there's the familiar food.

I have my particular fetishes when it comes to chinese food. Due to the fact that I do not enjoy seafood, it pretty much cuts down the list by half. However, I do enjoy the cold dish, the hot plate tofu and the red bean pancakes.

Anyway, we were talking and they fell into a conversation about facial features. Then I realised that I was made up of a mixture of my grandparents and parents. I know now that my short eyebrows come from my grandfather and my flat nose most decidedly from my grandmother. It freaked me out.

I feel like a jigsaw puzzle.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home