Some questions do not have answers

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Evelyn Bakes A Birthday Cake 3

Spent the whole Friday night baking for my housemate's 21st birthday.

It's strange how what I used to embrace with such joy has become almost a chore to me - mainly because the novelty has worn out. Nonetheless, my housemate deserved a cake and therefore I baked it.



Here it is. It's a chocolate cake covered with chocolate ganache, with chocolate pieces at the sides and topped with truffles.

I decided to be more adventurous with the truffles and flavoured them this time - mocha, cointreau and just plain chocolate.

Still have not eaten it yet because there was some misunderstanding and my housemate received not one but two birthday cakes. Lucky girl.

Going to bed to nurse my sore palm due to scooping gelati.

1 comment(s):

I think so...warm melted choc with ice cold vanilla ice cream makes my day anytime. Your cake looks YUMMY! I can never bake like that lol.

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:31 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home