Some questions do not have answers

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Rants

I have to rant. Today was such a bad day. Not just a bad day. A bad day filled with all my pet peeves. It's as if though everything was arranged for the worst things to happen at the same time.

1. Denture Making - I cannot begin to express what two simple words mean. I spent my day sitting in the lab trying to set plastic teeth in wax in exactly the right angles and inclinations. Doesn't help that there are two demonstrators who were looking after us who had conflicting ideas

Demonstrator 1: Look at your occlusal plane. Can you see that your anterior teeth are a little too low? Raise them.
Me: Okay.

*half an hour later with the modifications*

Me: So, how is this?
Demonstrator 2: Look at your contact points. Your anterior teeth is too high. Lower them!!
Me: But I was just told to raise them!
Demonstrator 2: How are you going to establish contact points with anterior teeth that high?
Me: *mumble* Okay...

*another half an hour later*

Demonstrator 1: Anterior teeth too low! Raise them!

I cracked. In total I raised and lowered my stupid lower anterior teeth 5 times. 5 hours later I finally finished and went to KFC for comfort.

2. Lousy Internet Connection - When my internet is up and running smoothly I never give thanks for that. I think that is why it goes on strike once in a while to give me a taste on what life is without internet that runs the way it should run. My MSN has been disconnecting every 5 minutes and webpages are refusing to load. Seething...

3. Late Notices - I received a SMS in the middle of the night telling me that I had to go to church for worship practice today. I'm fine with going, it's just that having earlier notice would really be a big help - especially when I have already promised my friend that I would go to her birthday party which purposely planned on a day that I could go. Not to mention that another friend of mine was going to do her maiden song-leading in Dental Christian Fellowship and I was supposed to go and support her as well.

4. Missing A Sale - Myers had a one day sale that surprise surprise, I could not go because I didn't have time. This might be a positive thing because by not going I'm saving money but as far as I'm concerned, this is lost opportunity.

5.Meeting an Ex - Fine. Not an ex. But with all the same emotions when you meet someone you don't want to meet again. I particularly hate it when I feel that I'm not my best that day and they are obviously at their peak of fabulousness. But that's life isn't it? If your day is bad, it's very bad. All I could think of during the encounter was

a) Your girlfriend is carrying a fake LV bag.
b) This is a really shit day.

Thank you for listening.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home